Preston and Macy Bishop's Kids: Maxwell and Vivienne

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Story Time - I(Macy) find out I am indeed expecting



I found out I was pregnant on Saturday, November 5th. Preston & I had decided to hopefully start our family & we were very lucky that we had no complications. ( I had hoped to get pregnant in October - because I was/am to be the Matron of Honor in my sisters wedding in August & did not want to be 9 months pregnant). So, the story goes like this...
I gave a friend a baby shower on the 5th of November & we were chatting about pregnancy tests - little did she know that I had already purchased one. Amazingly enough they are very accurate & you can find out as early as 3 weeks.
After the festivities & while I waited for Preston & a couple of friends to return to the house - I decided what the heck I might as well take one, however, I did think it was a tad early & fully expected for it to say not pregnant( I bought the digital readout - just to be sure that there was no mistake in reading it). So, all is quiet in the house & I do the routine & wait patiently(not really) . The directions read that the display will do a flashing thing - so I checked & yes it was - then I go back to the directions & it says - results within 1 minute. I thought WOW - I can check now - so I look & to my delighted surprise it said "Pregnant" - I jumped in the bathroom like a giddy girl... I could not wait to tell Preston! So anxiously I waited for him to return - but, we had plans to go to dinner with friends who returned with him. When they arrived, I asked him into the bedroom & said "look" & held up the test - he seemed a bit confused - what I didn't know is that the screen had gone blank - UGH!. I whispered - I'm pregnant! With a smile on his face & having to be quiet with friends in the other room - he gave me a 2 thumbs up. Pictures are about 2 months along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home